The Belle Valley Fire Department is always looking for new members. We have all types of people from every walk of life; from business owners to leaders of industry to school teachers to college students and everything in between. We have several different divisions and membership classes. If you want to join but are not quite sure where you would best fit in, maybe this will help you decide.
To join you must be at least 18 years old (Junior member’s ages: 15-17).
You need to live with-in an acceptable distance to the firehouse. We don’t utilize residential boundaries, although you should live in an area that your response time will not be too great. A general rule of thumb for a quick response time is: south of 28th Street, north of Mark Rd, west of Station Rd and east of Peach St. Anything outside of these need approval of the Chief and President. Social member’s residence location is not a factor.
You must obtain a criminal history background from the Pennsylvania State Police. There is a fee for this that you are responsible for. After successful completion of probation you will be reimbursed.
Upon a vote of acceptance by the membership you will be placed on a 1 year probationary period. During this period you need to complete the requirements of membership (listed below). If you fail to meet the requirements you will either have your probation extended or you will be terminated from the Department.
- Regular Member (full service, driver only, EMS only) - Answers fire, rescue & EMS calls. Attends weekly training sessions and monthly business meetings. Participates in fundraising activities. Must complete an Essentials of Firefighting course. Must complete an Advanced First Aid/Emergency Responder (or higher) course.
- Regular Member: Traffic Control - Answers calls specific for traffic control duties. Attends monthly business meetings. Participates in fundraising activities. Must complete a basic fire police course. Must complete a basic first aid (or higher) course.
- Social Member - Assists the fire department in non-emergent operations. This could include (but is not limited to): fundraising, computer maintenance, data entry, website assistance, building maintenance or cleaning, vehicle and equipment maintenance, landscaping, the list is endless. Attend monthly business meetings. Participates in fundraising activities – as needed. No classes or courses are required. Just your willingness to help.
- Junior Member - Attend weekly training sessions & monthly business meetings. Answers calls as permitted. For more information see the Juniors page.
- Ladies Auxiliary - Attends monthly meeting. Participates in fundraising activities. Assist the fire department at large scale incidents with refreshments. For more information see the Auxiliary page.
So if you’re interested in helping the community and want to join the Belle Valley Fire Department stop in, call us at 825-4359 or click on this Recruitment Inquiry link.